Our innovative solution is a WorldStar!
For the second year running, Plus Pack wins an award for one of its innovative solutions in the prestigious WorldStar Awards organised by the World Packaging Organisation (WPO). This year, it was the Ready2Cook® Skin Packaging Solution that qualified to enter the competition after winning an Alufoil Trophy 2018 in April.
The Ready2Cook® Skin Packaging Solution offers a wide range of benefits:
- Improved product presentation – can stand in up-right position on shelves
- Flat design – facilitates distribution and transportation and makes it easier to store in the fridge and recycling bin
- Hygienic – the skin pack technology offers maximum protection of the food
- Convenience – aluminium container can be used as a cooking tray since it can go directly into the oven or on the grill
- Designed with handles for easy handling
Furthermore, aluminium is 100% recyclable and is thus a sustainable resource, which contributes to upholding a circular economy. Also, the flat design of this optimised container means that less material is used compared to other, traditional food packaging solutions.
The judging took place in Jinan, China, at the end of October 2018, where 319 packaging projects from 35 countries were judged. Plus Pack was the only Danish and Scandinavian company to win an award among the 38 winners in the “food” category.
The awards ceremony will take place on May 15 2019 in Prague, Czech Republic.
The WorldStar Awards are presented only to those packaging solutions that have already won recognition in a national or regional competition recognised by WPO. This year, the Ready2Cook® Skin Packaging Solution gained entry to the competition with the Alufoil Trophy 2018. You can read more about the Alufoil Trophy here.
WPO – the World Packaging Organisation – is a non-profit, non-governmental, international federation of packaging institutes, associations, federations and other interested parties, including corporations and trade associations. For more information, visit WPO’s website: www.worldpackaging.org